ABOUT US (“we, us, our”):
(We, Us, Our)
Cascade Home Loans Pty Ltd ACN 109 925 895 as trustee for the Stelling Family Trust trading as Tradies Finance
(Australian Credit Licence 392321)
Our Contact Details
We need to collect personal information about you to provide you with our broking & related services. This privacy statement tells you how we collect your information, what we use the information for and who we share the information with. If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We seek to provide the best possible service to its customers by providing the best possible range of financial products and services.
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes indicated in our policy. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we collect from you or is received by us will be treated with appropriate respect ensuring protection of your personal information.
Our commitmentin respect of personal information isto abide by the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs), formally the National Privacy Principles (NPPs), for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
WHO ARE WE
We are an organisation that offers financial products and services within the mortgage industry. We process and assess information in respect of loan applications. We locate funders suitable to provide loans to you. We also market other products.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
When we referto personal information we mean information from which youridentity is apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you, from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
When we refer to sensitive information we mean information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional association or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU
We will collect your information from you directly whenever we can, like from enquiries we make of you when you seek credit assistance from us. We may verify that information from sources referred to in the responses to those enquiries or in this privacy statement.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
Sometimes we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988 permits. We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so, for example, where:
- We collect information from third parties about a loan or lease in relation to which you seek our services;
- We can’t get hold of you and we rely on public information to update your contact details; or
- We exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
WHEN THE LAW AUTHORISES OR REQUIRES COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Some law may require us to collect personal information about you. For example, we may require your information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use your information for purposes including:
- Giving you credit assistance;
- Giving you information about loan products or related services;
- Considering whether you are eligible for a loan or lease or any related service you requested;
- Assisting you to prepare an application for a lease or a loan;
- Administering services we provide, for example, to answer requests or deal with complaints;
- Administering payments we receive, or any payments we make, relating to your loan or lease;
- Identifying you;
- Telling you about other products or services we make available and that may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to;
- Telling you about other suppliers, with whom we have arrangements, that supply goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- Allowing us to run our business efficiently and perform general administrative tasks;
- Preventing or investigating any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- As required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- Any purpose to which you have consented.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us. We will process your request as soon as practicable.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE INFORMATION
If you don’t provide your information to us, it may not be possible to:
- Assist in finding a loan or lease relevant to your circumstances;
- Verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- Let you know about products or services that might be suitable for your financial needs
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and share your information with other organisations for any purpose described above.
Sharing with your representatives and referees
We may share your information with:
- Your representative or any person acting on your behalf (for example, lawyers, settlement agents, accountants or real estate agents); and
- Your referees, like your employer, to confirm details about you.
Sharing with third parties
We may share your information with third parties in relation to services we provide to you or goods or services in which we reasonably consider you may be interested. Those third parties may include:
- The mortgage aggregator through whom we may submit loan or lease applications to lenders or lessors on the mortgage aggregator’s panel;
- The Australian Credit Licence holder that authorises us to engage in credit activities;
- Referrers that referred your business to us;
- Financial services suppliers with whom we have arrangements;
- Valuation Firms;
- Lenders, lessors, lender’s mortgage insurers and other loan or lease intermediaries;
- Organisations, like fraud reporting agencies, that may identify, investigate and/or prevent fraud, suspected fraud, crimes, suspected crimes, or other misconduct;
- Government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law. In some instances, these bodies may share the information with relevant foreign authorities;
- Guarantors and prospective guarantors of your loan or lease;
- Service providers, agents, contractors and advisers that assist us to conduct our business;
- Any organisation that wishes to take an interest in our business or assets; and
- Any third party to which you consent to us sharing your information.
Sharing outside of Australia
We are not likely to disclose your information to organisations overseas other than companies working directly for us. However, we may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
If you give information to us about another person (like your co-applicant) in relation to the services we provide, you will let that other person know that:
- We have collected their information to provide those services or for any other purpose set out in this privacy notice;
- We may exchange this information with other organisations set out in this privacy notice;
- Access the information we hold about that other person;
- By using our contact details above; and
- We may not be able to provide those services to you unless we obtain their information.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about mortgage loans, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our offices by telephoning 1300 556 840 or by writing to us at PO Box 74 Highett VIC 3190. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to assist usin informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
To access personal information that we hold about you, use the contact details specified above. We may charge a fee for our costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
DENIED ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you, if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
BUSINESS WITHOUT IDENTIFYING YOU
In most circumstancesit will be necessary for usto identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where, it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us, without providing us with personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
Where sensitive information is collected, stored, used or transferred about you, we will only use this information if you have consented or in the exercise or defence of a legal claim.
HOW SAFE AND SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, and when the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.